Indigo is looking to hire
A motivated Photonics Engineer to complement the Photonics team, who will be working on the optical part of Indigo’s CGM (continuous glucose monitor) and will be focusing on continuously improving the Silicon photonic IC and all related aspects.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Design and simulate silicon photonic components and circuits
- Propose and implement design solutions to meet systems requirements
- Maintain and continuously improve Indigo’s PDK (process design kit)
- Layout photonic ICs (GDSII format), tape-out to fabs and follow-up
- Implement test plans and analyse measurement data
- Conduct yield analysis to provide feedback for design optimization
- Develop and optimize new photonic modules (front-end, back-end, active/passive integration, packaging)
- Work on integration of lasers and photodetectors, both design and technology development
- Interface with internal and external teams for fabrication, assembly, packaging and testing
- 2+ years of experience in Silicon photonics
- PhD in photonics or electronics
- Experience in development of passive optical devices (waveguides, splitters, gratings, mux/demux, …)
- Strong knowledge photonic simulation and layout software (Lumerical, Fimmwave, IPKISS, Python, …)
- Experience with III-V integration on Silicon is a plus (flip-chip, bonding, transfer-print)
- An enthusiastic team-player, yet able to work independently on complex problems
- Willing to work in a fast changing and challenging environment
- Prior work experience in a start-up is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills – working language is English
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive documentation
- Accept and be able to work in a medical device environment and be familiar with quality and regulatory standards for quality assurance, risk management, and others applicable to active implantable medical devices (e.g. ISO 13485)
Clean Room & General Laboratory (Safety) training
What we offer
Together with Indigo’s team of experts, you will work on the development of the first invisible Continuous Glucose Monitor, which will improve the life of so many people living with Diabetes.
You will be part of a fast growing and very international team with plenty of development opportunities.
We offer a very competitive salary, freedom to work independently, a fun-loving and high-performing team and the opportunity to work on one of the defining technologies for the coming decade in diabetes management.
Join us today!
Send us your motivation letter and CV (HR@indigomed.com)
We look forward to hearing from you!