R&D Automation Engineeer
R&D Automation Engineer
Indigo is looking to hire
A motivated R&D Automation Engineer to complement the Photonics team, to build, automate and maintain various setups for testing and assembling parts of Indigo’s CGM (continuous glucose monitor).
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for optical assembly setups, optical wafer tester and various R&D test setups
- Automate, increase yield, and reduce cycle time of established assembly processes
- Build new R&D test systems (hardware) and write software for testing, data acquisition and analysis
- Develop test methodologies, document test procedures and train technicians
- Perform data analysis and generate test reports
- Perform failure mode element analysis (FMEAs)
- Interface with engineering teams and provide feedback for process and design improvements
Design fixtures and parts for various setups (using 3D printer etc)
- Accept and be able to work in a medical device environment and be familiar with quality and regulatory standards for quality assurance, risk management, and others applicable to active implantable medical devices (e.g. ISO 13485)
- Master’s degree or PhD in mechatronics, automation, applied physics, electrical engineering, optics or another related field
- Proven ability of programming in Python, C++ or Matlab.
- Strong hardware, laboratory, data analysis, analytical and software skills.
- Ability to lead engineering projects
- Enthusiastic team-player, yet able to work independently on complex problems
- Willing to work in a fast changing and challenging environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive documentation
- Experience in integrated photonics and -more specific- silicon photonics is considered a plus
- Experience with optical test automation is considered a plus
Knowledge of optical measurement instruments such as lasers, sleds, spectrum analyzers, pattern generators, source meters etc. isconsidered a plus
What we offer
Together with Indigo’s team of experts, you will work on the development of the first invisible Continuous Glucose Monitor, which will improve the life of so many people living with Diabetes.
You will be part of a fast growing and very international team with plenty of development opportunities.
We offer a very competitive salary, freedom to work independently, a fun-loving and high-performing team and the opportunity to work on one of the defining technologies for the coming decade in diabetes management.
Join us today!
Send us your motivation letter and CV (HR@indigomed.com)
We look forward to hearing from you!